Thursday, November 22, 2012

Oatmeal Cranberry Breakfast Muffins


Whoops, looks like I went a little out of order here. I forgot I made these Oatmeal Cranberry Breakfast Muffins back some time in June (Another sign that my memory's going)? I also don't really remember how they tasted, but they are a healthier treat, with a recipe taken right off a bag of flour. This one I believe I followed almost to the letter, but if you can't read the directions in the photo, I'll still type it out below if you'd like to try recreating a healthy morning snack!


Ingredients:

2/3 cup whole milk (I'm pretty sure I used fat free)
1/4 cup vegetable oil (Canola)
1/4 cup molasses (I love me some molasses)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 Tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (my mom loves nutmeg)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries (I usually go with Ocean Spray Craisins, since they're easiest to find)

Directions:

1.) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees or 375 degrees if using a convection oven. Then in a bowl, combine the milk, oil, molasses, sugar and egg.

2.) In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and dried cranberries. Stir in the milk mixture until everything is just combined. (According to the bag, it's supposed to be lumpy, so don't worry).

3.) Line a muffin tin with paper liners and fill each about 1/2 full (should be enough for at least 12 muffins). Bake about 15 minutes (12 minutes for a convection oven) and let cool slightly before removing from the tin.

With the nutmeg and the cranberries, this would probably make a perfect fall treat, so I'm almost caught up to the season!


No comments:

Post a Comment