Friday, November 23, 2012

Mini Pecan Pies!


Finally, I'm caught up to the proper month! These Mini Pecan Pies were actually made by me in November  of 2012, the same month as this blog post! They were created as one final (and seasonal) treat for my coworkers at the public library to bring to the wonderfully sweet goodbye party they threw for me. The recipe basically comes from my Bourbon Pecan Pie recipe that I wrote about last year (which, incidentally, I also made this year for Thanksgiving just yesterday). Except I cut back on the bourbon (one Tablespoon instead of two so it wouldn't taste overwhelmingly alcoholic for those coworkers underage) and I used refrigerated pie dough cut into small circles about three inches in diameter to line a muffin tin sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. I also cut the baking time back to 12 minutes instead of 22. That seemed to do the trick and cause these treats to come out firm but not burnt.

So there's no real recipe needed to type here (check out my Holiday Feast post from last year for further details) and just spend your holiday weekend relaxing. Thanksgiving baking is over. You still have a few days before you have to start worrying about...Christmas cookies....  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment