Monday, May 26, 2014

Lightning Fast S'Mores




S'mores are the perfect seasonal treat for summer, which unofficially begins this weekend since today is Memorial Day. As we remember those who have served and sacrificed for us, we can also celebrate by spending time with those we love and being thankful for the gifts we have. Food is one such gift that we can share with others, so here's an easy treat you can make for family and friends!

Now, I know the whole s'mores process is really more about assembling than actually baking something, but I still wanted to put these up on my baking blog in case others wanted to try them out!

I created the recipe this afternoon when I discovered marshmallows in the back of my pantry that were about to expire and graham crackers that were sitting around doing nothing. I always have some kind of chocolate chips around the house in case of a cookie-baking emergency, which meant I had all the ingredients for a summer sweet that leaves you wanting s'more!

Lacking a camp fire, I simply layered one half of a graham cracker rectangle with a handful of mini marshmallows and semisweet chocolate chips, and microwaved them open faced on a paper towel for about 28 seconds. Then I topped them with the other half of the graham cracker to smush down the gooey marshmallows and create a handheld dessert in literally seconds. Let them cool just a moment and then have one while they're still slightly warm!




Treats don't have to be complicated--what's important is that the people who eat them are enjoying them. My taste tester found them delicious and gobbled two up just like that. I hope you enjoy them as well. Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment