Monday, July 18, 2011

Indulgence: Lemon Yogurt Cake


For Mother's Day (and sometimes birthdays too), I love making Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten's Lemon Yogurt Cake for my mom! With the oil content and sugar especially, it's difficult to label this one "healthy," though I still substitute whole wheat pastry flour for the flour and also use nonfat Greek yogurt instead of the whole-milk yogurt the recipe calls for. I haven't tried experimenting with reducing the 1/2 cup oil for a reason--the moist quality of this cake is absolutely perfect! If you're looking to save on calories, skip the glaze (though I personally think it ties everything together) or just serve yourself a thin slice. I was never much a fan of citrus in my baked goods...until I tried this recipe. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment